Never Go Alone

Christianity in Mormon Country. It isn't easy, but you're not in it alone.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What is this?

My first blog. Can you believe it? (My husband will never let me live it down.)

I never thought that picking a name for my blog would be such a chore. I mean, once I sat down to do it, it ended up being more difficult than I imagined. Think about it: how do you represent everything about yourself in just a few words? This one comes from a song by Ginny Owens that I absolutely love called If You Want Me To. The song is about going through even the most difficult times knowing that God is in control. This is the bridge:

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my own.
But you never said it would be easy,
You only said I'll never go alone.

Another that I considered (but discarded because I couldn't get the URL I wanted) was Living Sacrifice. It has so many meanings to me, but the one that always comes to mind is the image of a sacrifice on an altar, only the sacrifice is still alive so it is free to get up and crawl off the altar any time. And that's me, a living sacrifice that gets up and does something else occasionally.

So that's what I'm about. I'm a Christian in the real world. I don't live in a bubble. I don't pretend to be perfect, or even happy. I'm learning what it means to be content, but I'll write about that later. I'm not an evangelist. I'm not as smart as some, or as beautiful as others. I'm conservative in my faith, but liberal in my politics. I'm not sure why I'm explaining all this, since the only people who will probably read this are people who already know these things about me, but that, too, is part of who I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home