Never Go Alone

Christianity in Mormon Country. It isn't easy, but you're not in it alone.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Unchristian Behavior

Recently I have been guilty of the following offenses:

1. Yesterday on Main St. there was a blinking yellow light at 700 N. Nobody in Logan knows what to do at a blinking yellow light. Seriously, a few years ago there was a poll in which drivers rated the other drivers in their own town and Logan had the worst self-rating. That means that people here know that they drive badly. Anyway, I wasn't cursing or anything, but I was very impatient and called all of the other drivers idiots and things like that. (Incidentally, if you don't know what to do at a blinking yellow light, I'll tell you. You just drive through it. Don't stop unless somebody is going through the intersection the other way when you approach. You treat a blinking red light like a stop sign, not a blinking yellow. I can think of about two hundred people who need a driver's ed refresher course.)

2. There are a lot of people at my job who don't work as hard as me. I complain about it, but that isn't the issue. There is a particular girl who doesn't work very hard and isn't very bright. I gossip about her laziness and dim-wittedness with my co-workers. I am feeling kind of guilty about it, but she drives me crazy because on top of not working hard while she's there she also calls people to work for her at least once a week. In my opinion you should request days off if you can't work them and if something comes up and you are scheduled to work, you just have to miss it. You have no idea how many lunches, parties, outings I have had to miss because of work. It's a fact of life that no person is exempt from. Deal with it. Anyway, I shouldn't be talking about her work habits with my co-workers. It's wrong.

These are issues that I deal with a lot. Basically it boils down to my two biggest sin problems: anger and pride. I think that I've come a long way in the past five years, but, as always, there's still a long way to go. However, I am "confident of this, that he who began a good work in [me] wil carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home