Never Go Alone

Christianity in Mormon Country. It isn't easy, but you're not in it alone.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Blogger Trouble, Sweet Vacation and Frankenstein

I've had some trouble logging in to Blogger lately. Obviously I got it figured out with some help from my friends at the Blogger Help Group. This Blogger in beta is more trouble than its worth from what I can tell.

Anyway, I just got back from a mini-vacation in the Midwest. I never would have thought to go to Western Wisconsin/Eastern Minnesota, but it was really beautiful. We went there for a race that my husband was sponsoring and it was a lot of fun. We got to see my husband's cousin and his new wife while we were in St. Paul. I had some really great Walleye (because the quality of my vacations is measured either by how good the food was or how good the scenery was...this one had both). The Midwest is different from Utah in a lot of ways. First, it is so green it makes my eyes hurt. I grew up in the Midwest and I miss the green. Second, beer flows more freely in the Midwest as evidenced by the fact that about ninety percent of the race finishers were carrying beer bottles as they crossed the finish line. Third, it is more humid. I don't miss that.

On another topic, I finished Frankenstein. Here's my take on it: I know that the theme of the book is that man is born good and the world makes him evil. I'm not entirely convinced that that is true. What I mean is that I don't know that man is born good. I know that Adam and Eve were created good, but I'm fairly convinced that when sin entered the world it destroyed our ability to be truly good without God. I don't really know, though, if we are born sinful or we become sinful. God might be the only one who knows that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home