Never Go Alone

Christianity in Mormon Country. It isn't easy, but you're not in it alone.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

All Christmas Music All Day Makes Stacy Something Something

Every day at work we have a short little blurb about what is happening (holidays coming up, sales that are going on, big local events, etc.). Todays blurb (written by somebody who has worked in retail too long) said this: Christmas is coming...too bad you work in retail so it will ruin the whole thing for you. It is so true. I love people and most of the time customers are great, I can't get anything done at this time of year, though, because I can't get off the stinking phone. Or, if I do get off the phone, then I have somebody come up to me and ask me where they can find a certain video (keeping in mind that I work in the totally separate and distinct Music department with the big sign that says MUSIC and I have to walk them across to the other side of the store to show them where their video is because they can't find the huge and obvious video department with the big sign that says VIDEO). I want to love people and I try really hard, but they drive me crazy. Also, my co-workers make it worse when they say that things will be here on a certain day even though there is no way to know exactly when something will arrive, or when they guarantee customers that things will be here before Christmas even though (again) we don't know when something will arrive so you can't make any guarantees. And don't even get me started on Christmas music. I love Christmas music, I really do, but all day every day for an entire month is driving me crazy. At least there is less than two weeks left before it will all be over. Then I just have to deal with after Christmas sales. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home