Never Go Alone

Christianity in Mormon Country. It isn't easy, but you're not in it alone.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Job and New Shoes

It's Thursday and I have about 36.5 hours in at work already this week (since they won't let me get over time, I have to keep track of my hours) with one more day to work. Looks like I'll be off by eleven a.m. Friday. Not too shabby. Anyway, I'm loving it. I get to do whatever I want as long as it doesn't go against corporate policy, so I've been doing lots of big projects right from the start so I can have everything exactly how I want it. I'm making it my own and it's great. I've had a lot of help from the out-going manager and the store manager, so things are coming together. It's a lot of fun. Also, since I've worked there for a while now, I already know most of the stuff that I need to know to be a manager, so I'm ahead of the game (which is good, since the old manager decided to only train me about twenty-five hours over four days).

I spend about eight to ten hours a day on my feet, so after working ten hours on Sunday, I decided to get some new shoes. I had heard that Crocs are really good for being on your feet all day and that nurses wear them a lot because they are really comfortable. I had also heard that the Airwalk version of the Crocs are more comfortable and less than half the price. Well, I went out and bought a pair of the Airwalk ones and I am in love. I thought that they looked like slippers, so I avoided them for a long time, but now I don't think I can wear any other shoes ever again. Or, at least not to work. I can stand for nine hours and my feet don't hurt, my back doesn't hurt, my legs don't hurt. They look like slippers and they feel like slippers and it's great. I have a pair of black ones, so I'm going to try to get a pair of brown ones and then I can wear them every day. Yeah!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hopefully your new shoes will give you more energy to give your husband back rubs!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home