Never Go Alone

Christianity in Mormon Country. It isn't easy, but you're not in it alone.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's Been A While

We've had house guests for most of the last two weeks, so I haven't had much time to myself. Here's an update:

House guest one: Our friend got married on Sept. 16. His sister, who is a missionary in the Middle East, stayed with us for four days or so. She was really nice and totally easy to have stay with us. Oh, and the wedding was good, too.

House guests two and three: Two days after house guest one left, my husband's parents came to stay for a week. For some reason I have a hard time with family staying with me. I feel like they are judging me, so I'm always on edge. That coupled with the fact that my back was really hurting (I finally went to the chiropractor today) made me cranky, as usual. There were some things that happened during that time that I will probably get into another day. Let's just say that I'm glad that we are taking this financial seminar because there were some things that happened that cost a bit. That would have really upset me before, but I'm experiencing more peace about our finances every day. I'll definitely get into the details of the exploding toilet especially on another day.

House guest four: In the middle of our visit from my husband's parents was the local marathon. My husband being a runner has made friends with several runners from the area and he has pretty regular contact with one in particular. Well, he came for the race and stayed overnight with us. He's really easy to have stay here because he comes late and leaves early the next day for the race, then comes back, showers, and leaves.

It has been pretty draining, but we got through it. I think I had some spiritual breakthroughs during that time, too, which maybe I'll get into later, as well. I won't get into them now, though, 'cause I'm pooped. I've been working really hard and it's been good, but it takes it's toll on the body. More about how work is going later, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home