Never Go Alone

Christianity in Mormon Country. It isn't easy, but you're not in it alone.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dropping Names and Christmas Things

So, there's a quirky thing that I do here and there's a reason for it that I've never really explained. Here goes. I don't use people's names here other than my own. Why, you might ask, would you avoid doing that, considering that your readership is about three people who know all of the names you might drop? Well, it's like this: One evening a few months ago we had some friends over to visit. During what was probably going to be a lovely visit I received a shock when one of those friends told me that somebody from Tennessee had Googled my name and spent time on his blog because my name was on there. That kind of weirded me out, since I have an ex-boyfriend who lives in Tennessee. It weirded me out more because this was the same boyfriend that I was dating when I met my husband and I don't know how much closure we really had, since I dumped him for another man and then married that other man right away. Also, I haven't talked to him since we got married, so...I don't know, it's just weird. I just didn't want this particular person to necessarily know everything that I was doing. [By the way, it didn't really ruin my evening. I just was a little freaked for a while and moved on.] So, anyway, if you were wondering why I do that, there's the reason: I don't want any freaky weirdos finding out about anything that you do because they read my blog (on the slight chance that somebody might a.) read my blog, or b.) Google you).

On a different subject, I got some of my friends together and we went to the cafe at my store to play some Christmas songs the other day. So fun! Everybody at work who was there kept telling me how good we sounded and everything. I love making music. My friends said that we should do it more often and I told them that they could have a standing appointment to play in the cafe, or they could just tell me when they wanted to come and I would get it approved. The best part about doing it there is that there's no pressure because there's never anybody there in the cafe. You can just come and do your thing and people will come and listen or not and you can just do what you love without having to worry about the details. Anyway, it was great fun and I hope we do actually do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home